Christian Assembly traces its roots to a small home Bible study started by a group of Italian families in 1940. As new believers joined their ranks, the group rented a storeroom to house their meetings. Within a few years, they were able to rent a church building, and by 1949 they purchased a property on Christopher Street and named it God's Chapel. God's Chapel was dedicated on the final Sunday of 1950. Forced off their property by the new north-south freeway, the congregation rented meeting space in a local school. In June of 1961 they purchased property on Agler Road and a new building was erected and dedicated.
Years of Growth
Pastor Samuel Farina assumed the pastorate in March of 1966. The thriving congregation soon outgrew the new addition and they purchased a five acre track of land on Karl Road, our current property. In 1975, additional need for space presented itself and the congregation began to meet in a high school auditoriums. During this time construction began on the Karl Road property. Services resumed in the new building in July of 1979. Since that time, the congregation has added a Prayer Chapel, Ministry Center, Family Life Center and the purchase of the adjoining five acres to the south.
Upon the "home-going" of Pastor Sam in December of 2007, Pastor Torry stepped into the role of Lead Pastor. He served as the Associate Pastor to Pastor Sam for 32 years.